BOOMbaby.me encourages reader content to represent the voice of the 50+ generation. Would you like to share your passion, experience and adventures with our readers? Want to build your own following? If so, we would love to hear from you. Guest articles will reach a global audience and potentially inspire others to keep knocking on the door of healthy aging. We work with regular contributors who can provide at least one article per month and want to build credibility and expand their reach over the long-term.
Aging healthfully with an attitude is our shtick. We like expert advice with actionable tips on health, happiness, adventure, leisure, travel, mindset, relationships, fitness, food and nutrition. We love personal essays about your pursuit of the BOOMbaby lifestyle, the challenges you overcame, and the breakthroughs that give you the strength and sass to live out your life unapologetically. Your tone should be inclusive, accessible, inspiring, informative, educational, and generally positive. Help our readers grow and feel inspired! We don’t do snarky, but we do like edgy and irreverent. Here are some helpful do’s and don’ts.
- Be original: Posts must be unique to BOOMbaby.me. Posts must not be slated for distribution on other sites or previously posted on blogs or in other publications.
- Source all health claims: If you mention a statistic or a study in your piece, include a link to that source. If you assert a particular way of doing things is preferable, reinforce your claims with third-party support. We prefer links to peer-reviewed scientific papers, academic journals, and/or credible news outlets. Put relevant links in brackets: [http://facebook.com/boombaby.me].
- You may include one or two photos with your submission. JPG format is preferred.
- Come up with a great title that grabs readers’ attention and will draw people into your story.
- Write a tight opening: See above about grabbing attention and compelling people to read on.
- If applicable, provide tips readers can implement easily. Keep it simple.
- Use a conversational tone when you write. It will make you more relatable to our community of readers.
- We can’t use posts from content farms or created to boost SEO or to advertise a product or brand name. We are unable to accept submissions or bio references that promote a business or service not in line with our philosophy and approach to healthy aging.
- Please don’t hyperlink. Put relevant links in brackets: [http://facebook.com/boombaby.me] and we’ll take care of the linking.
To submit, email us at email@example.com:
- Your full post with a working title. Send this within the body of an email.
- Any relevant images for your post. (Send as separate files, not pasted within a doc.) Send only images that you own. See Photo Guidelines below.
- Your bio (100 words or less) with links to your website, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter pages, in brackets: [http://facebook.com/booombaby.me].
- A headshot or photo of you to use for your bio.
THE FINE PRINT:
- Submit only one post at a time: We read every submission, but we are a small staff and can’t respond to every submission. If your post has been accepted, we will let you know within 14 days. If your post has not run within three weeks of submission, we have passed. Feel free to submit a different post after that time period.
- By submitting to boombaby.me, you acknowledge that you accept our terms and any form of editing the boombaby.me editors deem necessary.
- Photos: All contributors are encouraged to submit photos with their posts. JPG format is preferred, sized to at least 850 pixels wide by 400 pixels tall (bigger in either direction, or both, is fine).
- If you have a short video (no longer than 3 minutes) illustrating the activity you are writing about, or demonstrates an exercise or recipe, we are happy to consider including that in the post. Just let us know so we can review the video before linking to it from your YouTube channel or ours.
- When submitting a recipe, be sure to include an original, high-quality photo of your prepared dish.
- In an effort to keep our photos consistent in style, keep in mind the following when submitting: Photos work best on our website in landscape format. Or, they can be photos that we can crop to horizontal orientation. We prefer photos taken in natural daylight, or otherwise well lit. Dark or shadowy photos are difficult to view. Neutral, uncluttered backgrounds work best in the case of recipe photos.